Knights Collective
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knights Collective

Knights Collective

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Worm Hole PI

Go down 
AuthorMessage
[PULSE] Cromzul

Worm Hole PI Empty
PostSubject: Worm Hole PI   Worm Hole PI EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 11:44 am

Ok I figured I would start resurrecting some of this Web site since it could be such a great resource and it is available to everyone.

I am relatively new to PI but I have managed to get 4 planets going within WHC. The amount of resources available is quite stagering and one person could make enough fuel to fuel a fully operational POS. With the exception of Ice fuel.

First if you are thinking of starting PI I would suggest getting all basic PI skills to at least level 3, 4 if you have the time.

Second when placing your structures make sure they are as close as possible. Links between buildings cost quite a bit in CPU and Power when placing. Let your extractors do the reaching. Don't space your buildings out.

Third when building your base so to speak, use a launch pad instead of your base. The launch pad has a lot more storage available. (P.S. the base only has to be somewhere on the planet. Does not have to be near your extraction point.)

Forth you want to use storage facilities to avoid losing resources. Since your factories can only process a miniscual amount. Also you don't have to build a storage unit for each type of resource. One storage unit can hold multiple types of resources and send them to multiple factories. So don't waste your CPU and Power on more than you need.

Fifth if you are trying to make P2 materials the best way I have found to make them is not to try and find a spot that has both types of resources near by but to find a hot spot for each one and take time to gather them separately. Then when you have what you want ship all those resources to one location with an advanced facility and put them together then. You will lose less and produce the product faster.
Back to top Go down

Worm Hole PI
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Knights Collective :: Planetary Interaction-
Jump to: